Saturday, November 5, 2016

Always carry an emergency jet pack

You know how sometimes you're driving along in your imaginary convertible, with the top down, your hair wrapped in a billowy silk scarf, eyes tucked safely behind gigantic sunglasses, when all of a sudden, a bunny wanders into the road, and you slam on the breaks, only to go into a massive skid and your convertible plummets off the side of a cliff and bursts into flames?

I have two current bunnies. One being my newly acquired shoulder injury. Hooray! I'm thinking it's either a fresh case of tendonitis, bursitis, or even maybe a minor rotator cuff tear. Whatever it is, I stink to high heaven of Icy Hot and have blown through a small bottle of Motrin. It's possible this may require a visit to Herr Doktor, but for now, I'm just going to see what I can do myself. This clearly throws all exercise out the window until it heals, which we all know it my favorite thing ever.

Second bunny is my ever-mounting disappointment with my school, as a whole. The last straw for me this week was the very poor handling of a clear Title IX violation that involved my friend from the LGBTQ group on campus. She followed all of the necessary steps and was told she was being overly sensitive. I can't keep giving my money to  a school like this, especially when I have options. My studies have been put on pause until I can research the process of transferring back to Kent State.  

Lucky for me, I never go for drives in my imaginary convertible without my emergency jet pack, so I'm going to be fine. I'll be feeling the inertia that comes with two brakes being thrown on at 60 mph, but a week or so of readjusting and I'll be back in my stride.